- Argocat - an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) that's very helpful when responding to wildfires.
- Environmental Protection Unit (EPU) - support at incidents where there's a risk of exposure to hazardous materials.
- Groundhog - part of our wildfire response, it's designed for off-road use and is able to cross difficult terrain.
- Heavy Rescue Tender (HRT) - used to deliver specialist and extra equipment to Road Traffic Collisions, and supports at rail crashes.
- Pinzgauer (Pinz) - an ATV which provides the first response to the Somerset levels in case of serious flooding.
- Prime Mover - a vehicle fitted with a hook lift, able to carry Service Pods or containers to incidents.
- Water carrier - as it sounds, this vehicle carries large amounts of water - and sometimes foam - to incidents.
- Water rescue equipment - an inflatable boat or raft with certain equipment alongside to help at different types of incident.
- 4x4 Light Vehicle - this has multiple roles: co-responding, carrying pumps, specialist rescue operations and general transportation.
- Aerial Ladder Platform (ALP) - where water needs to be distributed from above, the ALP comes in very useful.
See our fleet list
The list shows the make, model, type of vehicle and which station is using it.