What we teach
Year 7 or Year 8
We teach fire safety to Year 7 or Year 8 pupils. The content and messages we teach in each lesson include:
- Raising awareness and understanding of the risks around playing with and starting fires.
- Understanding the reasons why someone may deliberately start a fire.
- Understanding the personal, social and legal implications and consequences of starting fires deliberately.
- Developing strategies to keep themselves and others safe and in control.
- Recognising the wider impact that choices of behaviour can have on themselves and others.
Sessions typically last for one hour each and are delivered as workshops on a school dropdown or impact day to a class of students.
Year 9 or Year 10
We teach road safety to Year 9 or Year 10 pupils. The content and messages we teach in each lesson include:
- Identifying the main causes of Road Traffic Collisions.
- Understanding the link between speed, stopping distance and reaction time and keeping safe.
- Recognising the risks of mobile phones usage by all road users.
- Understanding the importance of wearing seatbelts and sitting properly in a vehicle.
- Realising the effect of alcohol and drugs on passenger and driver behaviour and safety.
- Identifying strategies to keep yourself and others safe and in control.
- The Ripple Effect - the effect of someone’s choice of behaviour.
SSessions typically last for one hour each and are delivered as workshops on a school dropdown or impact day to a class of students.