Working with other responsible persons
It is important that you work together to ensure everyone within the building is kept safe.
- exchange information on the significant risks identified from the risk assessments
- share the fire safety measures that are in place
- coordinate your emergency plans so that everyone in the building knows what to do in the event of a fire or on hearing an alarm
- make sure any shared escape routes (or those that pass through premises that are not under your control) are always available to use in an emergency and checked regularly
- know who has responsibility for installing and maintaining fire safety equipment in the building. For example, the building may be fitted with a communal fire alarm system.