- Never leave appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines or tumble dryers running when you’re out of the house, or asleep.
- Use extension leads carefully. Be aware of the total load on each plug. Never use powerful appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines or tumble dryers on a multi-plug extension lead. Don't use block plug adapters.
- Always switch off electrical items when they’re not in use.
- When using chargers only use the charger that came with your device. Charge on a hard, non-flammable surface. Never leave charging devices unattended.
- Only use laptops on a hard surface.
- Use heaters safely and never cover them or dry clothes on them. If you are drying clothes, keep them away from the heater.
Read more about electrical safety.