All face-to-face home safety visits are conducted by a qualified home safety technician who will be wearing the appropriate level of PPE and adhering to social distancing guidelines. If a person does not feel comfortable with a face to face visit being conducted at this time, we can provide home safety engagement and advice over the telephone.
To keep people safer in their homes, our operational staff are also conducting doorstep engagement in targeted areas: for example in a neighbourhood where there has been a recent incident. All these members of staff will be carrying identification.
We also have crews who are currently making phone calls to people who have received home safety engagement in the past, to ensure they still have adequate working smoke detection. All of these people will receive a letter in advance of these telephone calls. If you have had a phone call and you want to check it is legitimate, please call our home safety team on 0800 05 02 999.
If you are concerned about your own home fire safety or have concerns about a family, friend or neighbour please call our home safety team on 0800 05 02 999. You can also book or refer someone using our online referral form.
Who are home safety visits for?
- Any household with children under the age of 18.
- Anyone aged over 65.
- Anyone with a disability, mobility issues or sensory loss.
- Anyone who smokes and lives alone.
- Anyone with a thatched property.
- Many other vulnerable people - please get in touch.
During a visit
We will arrange for one of our friendly Home Safety Technicians to visit you and have a conversation about fire safety in your home.
The visit usually takes around 45 minutes and covers:
- checking smoke alarms are set up correctly
- making a fire escape plan
- using electricity safely
- cooking safely
- keeping children safe from fire
- identifying and discussing any further support, including fitting specialist fire safety equipment where required.